Winter in Merano
When South Tyrol is covered in white snow your perfect winter holiday is guaranteed. The whole area is equipped with family tailored ski lifting facilities and perfectly maintained ski runs.
These are our tips for your skiing holiday in our apartments:
- For those who love the sun we certainly recommend the ‘Merano 2000’ ski resort with its 40 kilometres of tracks (Link). The cross-country ski circuit also guarantees highly enjoyable skiing at 1640m altitude;
- The "Schwemmalm" ski resort in Val d’Ultimo has 18 kilometres of tracks and has become a favourite South Tyrolean destination in recent years;
- South Tyrol’s smallest ski resort is in Pfelders, Val Passiria. With its 4,5 Km of tracks it is ideal for families and indeed very convenient;
- Mount Vigilo is well-known for its winter sports for families. A chairlift takes you to the small ski area with four ski lifts and 5 km of ski trails. Enjoy stress-free skiing close to nature on the sunny trails, ideal for children and relaxed skiers;
- At the sport zone of Naturno it is possible to ice-skate and play hockey during the winter months. Skates and equipment can be borrowed.
A fascinating scenario and a joyous atmosphere characterises the Christmas period in Merano. The Christmas market with its beautiful decorations enchants for its thousand lights, pleasant scents, hot infusions and punch, traditional artist handcrafts and original gift ideas. A visit with the whole family along the Passirio Walk to the city’s Christmas market is a sensation not to be missed.